Graphic Science is a photographic business which specialises in close-up and macro photography in nature - owned by the award winning insect photography specialist, Denis J. Crawford
New edition of Backyard Insects by Denis Crawford and Paul Horne. NOW AVAILABLE in 2005 from Melbourne University Publishing
Honours in Applied Science (Photography) from RMIT University - Melbourne, Australia.
Major Thesis: Photomacrography techniques for imaging live entomological specimens for publication of Backyard Insects, (Horne and Crawford. Melbourne University Press, 1996).
• Braby, M. Butterflies of Australia. CSIRO Publishing (2000). Photography for all colour specimen plates. Winner of the Whitley Award 2001!
• Core Science 4 , Jacaranda Wiley (2000). School textbook with Denis' career profile and images.
• Mathews, M. Heliothines of Australia. Specimen colour plates. CSIRO Publishing (1999).
• Science Quest 4, Jacaranda Wiley, January 1998. School textbook with Denis' career profile and images.
• Horne and Crawford. Backyard Insects. Melbourne University Press, 1996. Photography of live insect specimens and joint authorship.
• American Entomologist Vol. 41 (4), 1996. Front cover image.
• Presentation of photographic workshop for entomologists at the XXI International Congress of Entomology. Iguassu Falls, Brazil. (2000).
• Judge of Photography Exhibition at the 13th Biennial and 6th International Conference of the Australian Institute of Medical and Biological Illustration (1998).
• Lecturer for final year Photography students at RMIT University.
• Keynote speaker at the Australian Institute of Medical and Biological Illustrators (AIMBI) Annual General Meeting on Antarctic photography (1997).
• Photographer with the Australian Antarctic Division. Photomacrography of fossil specimens in Antarctica (1996).
• Images exhibited at the 1995 International Photographic Fair in Singapore.